- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Leaving and Arriving - Grace - The development of a piece of drama about a young girl and her mother leaving Jamaica and arriving in a racist Britain in the 1950's
The first 200 words of this essay...
The development of a piece of drama about a young girl and her mother leaving Jamaica and arriving in a racist Britain in the 1950's
e were introduced to a character, a black character that has left home known by the name of Grace. This is all we knew. It was up to us as individuals and small groups to develop Grace and her history as we interpreted it. We worked in small groups of six members and over a period of three sessions we developed our character. Our key objective which was set as part of the task was that we would show our exploration of her history as memory flashbacks. This applied for all who took part in this activity. All members of our group originated from an Asian ethnic minority situated within the east end of London. Living as part of a minority within the multicultural city of London we have also encountered racism as did our parents. This provided the key element which we were going to use to base our whole story around. Another advantage for us was that our parents and relatives had also migrated from their homeland in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychology (view all)
- Personality Psychology
- OUTLINE, DISCUSS AND EVALUATE DEFINITIONS AND THEORIES OF ST...
- "Is behavior mainly inherited or it is learned?" D...
- Research Methodology
- In this essay I will evaluate and explain the Social Learnin...
- Psychology Perception - While playing outside with his frien...
- Separation Anxiety Disorder V.S. Separation Anxiety
- What is meant in psychology by the term attachment?
- Structures and functions of the brain
- Describe and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment.. 10 mar...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.