- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Theories of Freud Sigmund.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Theories of Freud Sigmund
Sigmund Freud was a Viennese doctor who was responsible for the introduction into the basic principles of psychology. He was born in 1856 and died in 1939 so lived through the Victorian era. He pioneered the investigation of psychological states through the investigating the patient's childhood. He believed that the basis of many psychological problems was sexual. Freud's theories and approaches were influenced by the ideas and society of his time, nobody in the Victorian era would have even said the word sex let in lone come up with some of the theories that Freud did. He was the first person of his time to come up with theses ideas, and is seen as the founder of Psychoanalysis.
Freud believed and that people developed in stages. Each stage was linked to physical development. He believed that one part of the body would experience excitement due to need called excitation, and then once need is met the person feels gratification. Then the body would experience excitation again, this will carry on through out the persons life, like a circle.
Gratification Excitement due to need
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychology (view all)
- Research Methodology
- In this essay I will evaluate and explain the Social Learnin...
- Freud's' psychodynamic approach attempts to explain what dri...
- Explain Freud's psychoanalytic theory of personality develop...
- Theories from the psychodynamic approach have helped to expl...
- This research was taken place in order to investigate whethe...
- Psychology Perception - While playing outside with his frien...
- Separation Anxiety Disorder V.S. Separation Anxiety
- What is meant in psychology by the term attachment?
- Structures and functions of the brain
""Zoey. University Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.