- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What is Psychology?
The first 200 words of this essay...
What is Psychology?
Psychology can be defined as the scientific study of human behavior and how humans experience the world around them from a rational, scientific point of view rather than from a mythical or spiritual view. There are several areas of professional psychology activity, two of which are briefly described below.
A Clinical Psychologist works with a variety of people with mental health issues, in a number of service settings such as mental health clinics, general and psychiatric hospitals, prisons and higher educational establishments.
Clinical Psychologist uses a broad approach to assessing human individual and interpersonal problems; this may involve interviews to assess the individuals development, behavior, personality, cognitive process, and emotional and social function. Once an assessment is made, the clinical psychologist uses a variety of treatments to develop and maintain therapeutic relationships with clients, this is because the whole purpose of intervention is to empower clients to make adaptive choices and to gain healthy control of their own lives.
An Educational Psychologist works with children, with special educational needs, learning difficulties, dyslexia, behavioral problems and sometimes gifted children. Various methods are used to assess
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Psychology (view all)
- Outline and evaluate Bowlbys theory of attachment
- Health and social care - Physical, intellectual and emotiona...
- Learning Theory of attachment
- Compare and contrast the Psychoanalytic, Behaviourist and Hu...
- Outline and compare the cognitive and behaviourist approach ...
- Psychology Perception - While playing outside with his frien...
- Separation Anxiety Disorder V.S. Separation Anxiety
- What is meant in psychology by the term attachment?
- Structures and functions of the brain
- Describe and evaluate Bowlby's theory of attachment.. 10 mar...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.