- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
‘The family is the most important aspect of the life of a believer’
The first 200 words of this essay...
'The family is the most important aspect of the life of a believer'
Obviously family is an important part of any person's life. Your family have brought you into the world and have taught you your living skills and help you develop personality. Families teach us what is expected of us in society, our language, attitudes and acceptable behaviour. Our family gives us a sense of identity, belonging and influences the sort of person we will become. The bible has a lot to say about the family. One of the Ten Commandments is about respecting your parents,
"Honour your father and your mother, so you may enjoy long life in the land which the lord your god is giving you" (exodus 20:12)
Jesus grew up in a family and he was obedient and respectful towards his mother even though he was aware god was his father.
"Then he went back with them to Nazareth, and continued to be under their authority; his mother treasured up all these things in her heart" (Luke 2; 51)
When Jesus was getting crucified he told john to look after his mother, as he didn't want to leave her
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Prejudice and Discrimination (view all)
- The short story "If I Quench Thee" by William E. C...
- "Everyone is equal". Discuss. examples from the Bi...
- Taking any three psychological theories of prejudice: How ad...
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Critically discuss the psychological explanations of prejudi...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.