- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
A Roman Catholic Church
The first 200 words of this essay...
A Roman Catholic Church.
My personal recommendation of a Roman Catholic church would be St. Monica's, the local parish in Palmers Green. We visited this church during school time and I found that it is a fantastic place of worship. This is because there is an incredibly calm and peaceful atmosphere that is genuinely essential for creating a meaningful connection with God. The fact that running and shouting is not allowed means that you can fully concentrate on developing your relationship with God. As with every place of worship, it was incredibly important that we showed our awareness of the fact that we were in a sacred place where people pray. We showed understanding and respect through a conscious change in our attitude and the way we acted.
St. Monica's R.C church is liturgical. This means that liturgies are extremely organised as it includes prepared prayers, the penitential rite (this the confession and absolution at the beginning of mass), the Liturgy of the Word (bible readings and a sermon), the Liturgy of the Eucharist (giving thanks and praise, the prayer of consecration and the preparation of the bread and wine), the rite of communion (receiving the body
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Places of Worship (view all)
- Describe the main features of a church.
- In the Middle Ages how did religion both Help and Hinder med...
- English Speech: Terrorism
- 'Assisi' - Norman MacCaig
- The role of religion in Chronicle of a Death Foretold
""Zoey. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo