- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Abortion and Euthanasia.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Abortion and Euthanasia
Human life is sacred, this means life is precious and that no one has the right to take life away only God. The Christian church teaches life is a sacred gift from god.
In the bible we read, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish and the sea, the birds of the air, over the livestock, over the world and all the over creatures that move along the ground '. The teaching of the Catholic Church is expressed in the declaration on procured abortion (1974) in this the church points out that respect for human life is not just a Christian duty.
'So God created man in his own image, the image of God created him, male and female he created the' (Genesis 1:26-27). Created in the image of one God... has the same nature and the same origin of all.... Enjoy an equal dignity. The equality of all rests on essentially on their dignity as persons and the rights that flow from it.
(taken from the Catechism of the Catholic church 1994)
Contraception and birth control may
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Euthanasia (view all)
- To what Extent was Hitler’s Euthanasia policy a di...
- Christian views on suicide
- How does the playwright Brian Clark present the conflict bet...
- The Legal Position On Euthanasia around the World.
- How merciful is mercy killing?
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.