- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Abortion Should Never Be Justified. Discuss
The first 200 words of this essay...
Abortion should never be justified
Do you agree etc.
Many people, most prominently Roman Catholics would agree with never allowing abortion - their foremost arguments being that a life is a life, no matter what stage of development it has reached.
If a fetus had the right to life, then surely abortionists would be subject to murder charges, because otherwise there is a fundamental inconsistency in both anti-abortionists views and the law. Judith Jarvis argues in her 1971 book, A Defense of Abortion, that a fetus is no more a human than an acorn is a tree, words which have come to the forefront of many pro-abortion arguments. While the fetus has the potential to grow into a tree, it is not actually a human yet.
Many would argue that abortion is immoral, but despite that, it is still a woman's right, because they would be the ones to suffer physical and mental pain, as well as the consequences and responsibility of a child.
Many would argue that the mothers life is also more important than the fetus' - the mother is already established in the world, has directly influenced the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Abortion and other medical issues (view all)
- Abortion is never justified. Do you agree?
- Life begins at conception. Do you agree?
- Abortion Persuasive Essay - against
- arguments for and against abortion.
- Explain Christian and Islamic Attitudes to Infertility Treat...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'