- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Anyone who commits murder should be executed.
The first 200 words of this essay...
RE: Anyone Who Commits Murder Should Be Executed
The most severe form of punishment within certain laws is death. This is called the death penalty or capital punishment and is the most severe form of corporal punishment, requiring law enforcement officers to actually kill the offender. Somebody harms those who have harmed them, but should somebody else have the right to kill to seek retaliation? We have a certain right in our own lives, but should the lives of others belong to us as well? If a court finds someone guilty of murder, it can sentence the convicted person to death. This makes people as a society murderers themselvesselves, but is there any possibility in justifying these acts? Are those who support the death penalty, just as bad? Is the death penalty a cruel punishment or is it fair? With today's increase in crime and violence in society, the death penalty effects many people within a country, whether interested or not, and has existed for quite some time now in America, Africa and India.
The use of the death penalty has actually decreased throughout the industrial Western World since the 19th century, with Britain, France and Spain
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Capital Punishment (view all)
- Flatliners review.
- Critically evaluate arguments for and against the death pena...
- Crime and Punishment in the Elizabethan Age.
- Explain why the crucifixion and resurrection are so importan...
- Is it ever justifiable to execute a criminal?
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.