- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
AQA Baptism Coursework
The first 200 words of this essay...
R.E. Coursework: Baptism
Explain how the story of Jesus' Baptism in St Marks Gospel helps Christians to understand why baptism is important in the church today. Select and explain the most important feature of infant and believers baptism.
Then story of Jesus' baptism is told in Mark 1:9-11, and it is: "In those days Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. And just as he was coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens torn apart and the Spirit descending like a dove on him. And a voice came from heaven, "You are my Son, the Beloved; with you I am well pleased."" This passage helps Christians to understand why Baptism is important in the Church today as Jesus deemed himself worthy to be baptised, and show his faith in God. Jesus' baptism was also the first time God spoke to Jesus, and when He received the Holy Spirit. From that moment on, Jesus devoted the rest of his life to preaching the word of God, and he was given the strength to do this, even though He new it would cause people to resent him.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Baptism (view all)
- Outline the baptismal ceremony and explain the symbols used.
- Describe and explain the central features of infant and beli...
- Baptism in the Presbyterian Church.
- Confirmation is a Catholic sacrament of mature Christian com...
- The Meaning and Significance of Baptism
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student