- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Baptism - The Christian Life And The Gospel
The first 200 words of this essay...
A.Q.A. G.C.S.E. Religious Studies
The Christian Life And The Gospel
Coursework Assessment - AO1
Vicky McGuinness, Gerard
Baptism is an initiation ceremony. The person who is being baptised becomes a member of the Christian community. Christians look upon baptism as the beginning of a life-long relationship with God.
Since the earliest days of the church baptism has played an important part. There are two traditions of baptism one being infant baptism, which is baptism of babies or children and the other being believers baptism which is adults or those old enough to make their own choice. Anglican, Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches all hold infant baptism ceremonies. I am going to focus on the Roman Catholic service.
As the child, its parents and its god-parents enter the church they are welcomed by the priest (the priest can also be called the minister) he then leads them to the baptismal font, while doing this he asks the godparents if they are prepared to help the child's parents to practice the faith. They are also asked why they have brought the child to the church. After this the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Baptism (view all)
- There is nothing wrong with being a rich christian
- Describe the Baptism Ceremony.
- 'The similarities between Infant and Adult Baptism outweigh ...
- Explain the difference between believers Baptism and Infant ...
- An Analysis of How Coppola Uses Editing, Sound and Camerawor...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.