- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Capital Punishment - "God gives life and only god can take it away".
The first 200 words of this essay...
"God gives life and only god can take it away"
Crime is a social act that offends the laws of society. This can range from stealing a bar of chocolate from a shop to murder. All crimes can be divided into 2 groups- against property (e.g. vandalism, theft) and against people (e.g. assault, murder and rape). There are lots of causes for people carrying out crime, whether it be because they are so poor they commit robberies to survive or because they are mentally unstable and do not realise the difference between right and wrong. Nowadays drugs are a major factor in creating crime. Drug addicts obviously need drugs to keep themselves on a "normal level". So to keep them on that level, they need money to buy drugs. The only way they can get the money (if they have run out of their own money) is by stealing and committing money making crimes. Crime is also created because of pier pressure. Some gangs think its hard and good fun to go around beating people up and stealing their monies. Other sorts of people get a thrill out of vandalism and other crimes. Some people do
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Capital Punishment (view all)
- Does Queen Mary deserve her nickname of Bloody Mary?
- Case Study on Capital Punishment Derek Bentley and Chris Cra...
- Crime and Punishment in the Elizabethan Age.
- Ironic Examples in "The Bet"
- Although written in the 1950s Ray Bradbury presents an image...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.