- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Capital PunishmentShould We Use Capital Punishment?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Should We Use Capital Punishment?
Capital punishment is an extremely controversial issue on which some people have strong views. Capital Punishment is when a criminal is punished for committing crimes, such as murder, by being put to death.
One reason for many people being against Capital Punishment is that inhumane methods are used to kill criminals. In the past, methods such as stoning, gassing, hanging, electrocuting and shooting have all been used to kill. Although I agree that these methods are inhumane I am still for Capital Punishment because I believe two things. Firstly, these criminals who are being put to death have committed evil crimes, such as murder or rape. When they committed these crimes they probably did not treat their victims humanely, by killing them or hurting them in a nice way so why should they be given a pain-free death? Should it not be the evil people of our planet who are the ones left to suffer in pain? If these murders are given pain-free deaths it seems to me that it is the innocent who are suffering and the criminals who are being protected. I believe that a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Capital Punishment (view all)
- Is it ever justifiable to execute a criminal?
- Ironic Examples in "The Bet"
- Decide whether the rules of causation are now weighted too f...
- Does Queen Mary deserve her nickname of Bloody Mary?
- Should Capital Punishment Be Brought Back Into the U.K.?
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo