- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
'Charity begins at home'Do you agree?
The first 200 words of this essay...
'Charity begins at home'
Do you agree?
The proverb 'Charity begins at home' is a very vague one. The proverb seems to have two words which can be perceived by different people in many different ways. These two words are 'charity' and 'home'.
The word 'charity' can mean to some people, making an effort to help others. This can be seen as good because they are helping people but we do not know how they would mean to help people or who they would help. Others however, may see this word as being much more powerful and meaningful. They could see it as having to make a large sacrifice of something which is very valuable to you, in order to help those who are less fortunate than themselves. This sort of sacrifice could be something like giving up time, living without luxuries, donating a percentage of income to a charity or donating a sum of money which means a lot to you. Whatever people would sacrifice as their charity, whether small or big in your eyes, it would be large to these people because these are the ones who have seen the word 'charity' as
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Charities, Poverty and Development (view all)
- The term poverty is widely used to describe situations that ...
- Explain the terms 'Relative poverty', 'Absolute Poverty' and...
- How has the Welfare State tried to eliminate poverty and can...
- Wealth and Poverty
- Poverty is a Controversial Issue.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.