- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
15th December 2007
Marriage is a public declaration of love and commitment between two people and should be attended for life getting married in a church in front of God's eyes, it is important that they have God's blessing.
Before the marriage ceremony, there are several things a couple must do. These preparations are known as Pre-Cana. The couple must arrange to have their banns read out on three Sundays during the three months before their weeding.
The banns of marriage are public announcements of a forthcoming marriage. The couple must also talk to the priest about the order of the service. This includes hymns and prayers that they may also want in the ceremony. Other things like flower arrangements and musicians may also be discussed.
Many Christians believe that marriage is a sacrament - a gift from God. They believe there are three main purposes of marriage:-
1. A life long loving relationship between a man and a woman.
2. To have a safe sexual relationship, that is open to the possibility oh having children.
3. To bring up any children born in a stable relationship
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Christmas (view all)
- "The prologue is the key which unlocks the meaning of t...
- Divali is the Hindu (and Sikh) equivalent to Christmas and H...
- A Night of Fear
- Explaining the nature of discipleship in Mark’s Gos...
- 'Christians should lead active rather than contemplative liv...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.