- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Christian Theology on the Holy Spirit
The first 200 words of this essay...
Christian Theology on the Holy spirit
The holy spirit is obtained by God during baptism. Baptism is a sacrament in the church and many Christians believe in baptism as it says in the bible that unless a person is baptised by the water of the spirit they shall not enter the kingdom of god. Also the Holy Spirit is believed to give a person guidance throughout their lives. It acts as an inner conscience telling a person what is right and what is wrong.
Sin is separation from God and in order to be cleansed Christians believe they should repent and confess. Jesus died on the cross for the sins of humans and sin can be seen as selfishness. i.e- a pleasure just to satisfy the human self. God orders all humans to be pure and gives them laws/commandments to live by.
The Holy spirit is believe to be part of the trinity which is another fundamental Christian believe. The trinity consists of the father the son and the holy spirit. Christians are called to Love God and the Holy Spirit.
It is important that if a person wants the guidance of the holy spirit that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Baptism (view all)
- Outline the baptismal ceremony and explain the symbols used.
- Baptism in the Presbyterian Church.
- Confirmation is a Catholic sacrament of mature Christian com...
- The Meaning and Significance of Baptism
- "Baptism should only be received when one is old enough...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.