- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Christian views on a just war.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Christians believe various things about conflict and war depending on the circumstances, different Christians believe different things based simply on their own opinion. Teachings of the bible conflict between that of new and old testament. Therefore it's the persons own individual interpretation of the teachings that define their beliefs.
Some Christians believe in....
Pacifists believe all war and the use of violence is morally wrong. Nothing good can come out of the evil of violence. Jesus was a pacifist, we see this through many parables and speeches he made about war and conflict. Such as the sermon on the mount, the message of love taught by Jesus reflects upon he treatment of enemies 'You have heard it said 'love your friends, hate your enemies.' 'But now I tell you. Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that may become the sons of your father in heaven' Matthew 5 : 43-45.
Jesus makes a plea for reconciliation between enemies. 'Love your enemies' suggests that reconciliation begins with the individual person. The reason for loving enemies is given as being because God treats the whole world equally.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Morality of War (view all)
- Analysis of speech extract: Tony Blair
- In life, there are many cases, in which we have to kill some...
- Religious Teachings for war and creationism
- For a Christian, Nuclear War Can Never Be Justified
- Determinants of Domestic Violence
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.