- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Christian views on suicide
The first 200 words of this essay...
Suicide is self murder and is therefore wrong. In the view of some Christians, suicide will lead to eternal damnation. Other Christians support organisations like the Samaritans because they believe people at risk of committing suicide need help, not condemnation. Only God has the right to take life.
Most Christians are against this because taking a life is murder and they would seek to help to support and comfort the person through the final stages of their life rather than assist their suicide through euthanasia. Some Christians believe that if the quality of life is so bad that the person feels unable to go on living that the loving (Christian) thing to do is to help them. Suffering may have purpose and euthanasia could be going against the divine plan. The Hospice movement offers a positive alternative to euthanasia.
Life is sacred and God - given, no human has the right to take on that role. Jesus showed reverence for life and helped the sick and those near death. His action and teaching concur with the view that God gives and takes away. Any interference in that is wrong. Christians believe that people
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Euthanasia (view all)
- Choose a case which you consider to be of crucial importance...
- Euthanasia - Right or Wrong?
- The novel "Finding Grace", by Alyssa Brugman is th...
- Explain how a Christian might respond to someone asking for ...
- Consider the major arguments for and against voluntary, invo...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.