- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Christians, Wealth and Poverty
The first 200 words of this essay...
Ai: Christians, Wealth and Poverty
The Bible does not say that money is bad. However, what it does say is that it is "the love of money is the root of all evil", a powerful message. The Bible also says "no one can serve two masters". What this means is that you cannot be too attached to your money or it will lead you away from the one true master, God. It means you cannot use your money in selfish or bad ways, but rather for the good of others.
Christians are expected by their faith to earn their living by honest means. For example, selling drugs for a living is completely against Christian morals as it is making money on the addiction of others to substances, which destroys their life and physical health, and hurting those around them such as family and friends. For this reason, loan sharking is also wrong as it gives money to people having financial problems but with very high interest rates, so really it only makes their problems worse.
The Parables of The Last Judgement and the Good Samaritan relate heavily towards our responsibility of helping others less fortunate than ourselves.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Charities, Poverty and Development (view all)
- The term poverty is widely used to describe situations that ...
- Explain the terms 'Relative poverty', 'Absolute Poverty' and...
- Wealth and poverty essay
- Poverty is a Controversial Issue.
- Outlining Muslim teachings on wealth and poverty and explain...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.