- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Dear Mr Tony Blair, I am writing to you to support the pledge to make poverty history, and forget the dept to third world countries
The first 200 words of this essay...
19 Sandringham Close
10 Downing Street
Dear Mr Tony Blair,
I am writing to you to support the pledge to make poverty history, and forget the dept to third world countries. As a result to extreme poverty, a person dies every three seconds. The gap between the world's rich and poor has never been wider. Malnutrition, AIDS, conflict and literacy are a daily reality for millions.
This can be stopped now. The G8 meeting in Edinburgh can achieve the promise made in 2002 to third world countries to half poverty by 2015. You have the power to save lives and ensure that the other richer countries cancel the immense amount of money owed.
Only half of African children will complete primary school, 1 in 6 children will die before their 5th birthday and 35,000 people die every day. Surely that is enough information for everyone that things have got out of hand.
There are three main problems which have led to poverty which is prevalent
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Charities, Poverty and Development (view all)
- The term poverty is widely used to describe situations that ...
- Explain the terms 'Relative poverty', 'Absolute Poverty' and...
- Discuss: "Money is the root of all evil".
- Wealth and poverty essay
- Poverty is a Controversial Issue.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.