- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe and explain how Marks Gospel establishes Jesus identity.
The first 200 words of this essay...
A) Describe and explain how Mark's Gospel establishes Jesus identity.
In Mark's gospel Jesus identity is explored in many different ways, the most important ones are:
-Son of man
-Son of God
The Son of man is mainly used by Christ when he is referring to himself. If Jesus had addressed himself as the Messiah he would have been misunderstood to an even more than he already was.
This title emphasizes Jesus´ humanity, by showing that he has authority. In the Old Testament and another Jewish writings they sometimes translate the "Son of man" as "mortal man", a "human being" or just "man". It can also mean someone from heaven.
Son of man can just mean a human being; it can be used to contrast people's weakness with God's power.
When Jesus was referring himself as "Son of man", this probably meant something like "this man here", or "I". He uses all three to refer to himself, however we can link three ways in which mark says Jesus used the title: Jesus has authority, Jesus suffers, dies and rise. However this could
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Discipleship (view all)
- Explain how Jesus is a role model for Christian life
- Discipleship And Mark's Gospel.
- St. Francis of Assisi
- Explain how this teaching about discipleship might affect th...
- Explain the meaning of discipleship for the first disciples.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student