- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe some of the arguments which followers of the religion which you are studying might put forward to show there is a God
The first 200 words of this essay...
A) Describe some of the arguments which followers of the religion which you are studying might put forward to show there is a God [A01 40%]
I have chosen the Christian religion to examine in this particular piece of coursework. Over the centuries philosophers and theologians have put forward a number of different arguments to argue the existence of God. The particular arguments I will be looking at are the Teleological Argument and the Cosmological Argument.
William Paley put the Teleological argument forward. This argument is also known as the argument of Design and Purpose. He believed that there was natural evidence in the world which supported the idea of a divine designer whose aim was to produce such a supreme life form. The world is too complex and far too detailed to have been made just by chance that it has a designer. It argues against the Big Bang by putting it into perspective and comparing the world with a watch. On a smaller scale, it defines that if all the small pieces of a watch were put in a tray and thrown up into the air, it isn't likely that all the pieces would fall
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Existence of God (view all)
- Frederick Copleston and Bertrand Russell's and their respons...
- Deconstructing O'Connor's "A Good Man Is Hard to Find&q...
- Explain why religious people may have problems with transpla...
- Living In a Plural Society.
- Individual religious experience means individual religious f...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.