- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe some of the arguments which followers of the religion you are studying Might put forward to show that there is a God.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Describe some of the arguments which followers of the religion you are studying
Might put forward to show that there is a God (A)
Millions of people believe in God, so how can they all be wrong? It is hard to think that so many people believe in something that has not even been proved to be 100% true. Although there are millions of atheists in the world, it is fascinating that one book of stories and miracles could give such an impact.
Scientists haven't proved that there is an actual God, but there are scientists that have come up with arguments to suggest there is, such as the design argument. The design argument was thought up by a theologian called William Paley and he believes his argument proves the existence of God with his "Analogy of the watch." He says that if you found a watch lying in a street somewhere, then you couldn't say it had been put there by chance. The design of the watch is so complex that it must have had a designer, i.e. a watchmaker. The universe is far more complex than a watch and if a watch needs a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Existence of God (view all)
- Descartes' argument for the existence of God
- Persuasive Writing on the Holocaust
- Analyse the key concepts of religious experience as an argum...
- Outline your knowledge and understanding of Gods covenant wi...
- Explain Paley's teleological argument Paley's version o...
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.