- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Describe the main features of a specific mosque:
The first 200 words of this essay...
(i) Describe the main features of a specific mosque:
A mosque is the Islamic location of community worship that a Muslim carries out five times a day. Islamically the mosque is referred to a Masjid. 24
The mosque I will be focusing on is the mosque which is located in the city of Mecca. The name of the mosque is called Al-Masjid al-Haram. It is the largest mosque in the world, which surrounds the Kabaa which Muslims turn towards when offering there daily prayers. It is the holy place of Muslims.
In the central point of the Masjid, lies a large stone that is represented in a single room with a marble floor called the Kabaa.
In Islam the Kabaa is considered to be the holiest building. The Kabaa is made from stones and granite from the hills near Mecca; it is 60 feet long, 60 feet wide and 60 feet high. It is said that the Kabaa was appointed by Allah to be created in the form of the House in Heaven called Baitul Ma'amoor. Allah appointed a similar place on earth and according to the Qur'an; the Kabaa was first built by
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Islam as a living religious tradition
- Saudi Arabia : Zakat, Poverty, Hypocrisy - Saudi Arabia only...
- Islamic Fundamentalism
- The beliefs and practices of Christianity and Muslims
- Progressive vs. Regressive Trends in Islam
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.