- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN CHRISTIAN HOLY BUILDINGS?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Q: DESCRIBE WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND INSIDE CHRISTIAN HOLY BUILDINGS
The Christian religion is made of many denominations, each with its own style of worship. The denominations include Roman Catholic, Church of England, Orthodox, Baptist, Methodist and Quaker. All of these different denominations have their own place of worship, contain different furnishings, different sizes and styles of furnishings with some that are very ornate whilst others are very simplistic.
Most Christian holy buildings have some common main furnishings, for example, the font or a baptism pool, a stoup, the altar, a lectern and a pulpit. In catholic churches, the font contains water for baptisms. The minister usually tips water onto a baby's head and makes a sign of a cross using the water to welcome the baby to the Christian faith. In a Baptist church, there is a bath or a small pool where adults are baptised by being lowered completely in a baptism pool and then raised back up. Catholic churches have a stoup at the entrance containing water and worshippers dip their fingers in the water and make a sign of a cross with it. In Catholic churches, the altar is used to celebrate Holy Communion,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Places of Worship (view all)
- Describe the main features of a church.
- English Speech: Terrorism
- Did The Christian Church Help Or Hinder Medical Progress?
- Are all Christians Ministers?
- Christianity cannot hope to survive in the 21st century unle...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.