- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
DESCRIBE WHAT YOU WILL FIND IN CHRISTIAN HOLY BUILDINGS?
The first 200 words of this essay...
.R.S. COURSEWORK 1
Q: Describe what you may find in Christian Holy buildings
A: The Christian religion is made of many denominations depending on its style of worship. There are many types of Christian holy buildings, Roman Catholic, Church of England, Orthodox, Methodist, Baptist and Quaker. All of these different places of worship contain different furnishings, different size of furnishings and from being very ornate to very simplistic.
Some of the main furnishings are:
Altar: The altar is a table within the chancel that is used for Communion. It is, literally, the table on which we celebrate Communion. Today, it's generally known as the altar, while churches and traditional people tend to call it a Communion table.
Baptistery: In a Roman church, the water source was in the inside the front door. The baptistery consists of a stand with a water basin on top.
Chancel: The chancel is the front part of the church from which the service is conducted, as notable from the nave, where the congregation sits. The chancel is usually an elevated platform, usually three steps up from the nave. The chancel represents heaven
Icons: An icon is a highly
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Places of Worship (view all)
- Describe the main features of a church.
- English Speech: Terrorism
- Are all Christians Ministers?
- Did The Christian Church Help Or Hinder Medical Progress?
- DESCRIBE THE VARIOUS WAYS IN, WHICH THE BIBLE IS USED BY CHR...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.