- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
In marks gospel we learn about the nature of discipleship. A disciple is someone who learns form the word of god which comes from Jesus' teaching. Whereas an apostle is, perhaps in a way, the next stage of discipleship, where they go out and spread the word of god to others making them disciples. They had the courage to do this because of the Holy Spirit descending upon them as tongues of fire so they could preach in every language they had to.
The purpose of discipleship according to marks gospel is to heal, to spread the word of God and to teach people how to change their hearts and helping people realise the things that stop them from loving God and their neighbour as themselves; as an apostle he has achieved that in most hearts.
In marks gospel the disciples have an important purpose. Jesus wanted friends to help and support him on his mission. There are a number of references from mark to support this. Mark 1:16-20 talks about when he was on his first search for loyal disciples. He said to two men in a fishing boat (Simon and His
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Discipleship (view all)
- Mark's Gospel and Discipleship
- Explain how Jesus is a role model for Christian life
- What does Discipleship mean to Christians today?
- Describe and explain how Marks Gospel establishes Jesus iden...
- The Kingdom of God in St Marks Gospel. The first idea, St Ma...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.