- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discursive Essay on Euthanasia.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discursive Essay on Euthanasia
What is euthanasia? The word euthanasia originates from the Greek language, meaning good death. It is any action intended in ending the life of a human being on the grounds that their life is no longer worth living. It also means a gentle and easy death, but is a premature ending to life necessarily the best thing to do? If you asked someone who is involved in caring for the terminally ill, they would probably disagree, but there are some people in this "modern" world who are fighting to make assisted suicide legal.
This all started in the early nineteenth century. It was 1806, when Dr. Cristoph Hufeland, wrote that, "The physician should and may do nothing else but preserve the life. Whether it is valuable or not, that is none of his business. If he once permits such considerations to influence his action, the doctor will become the most dangerous man in the state" This just means that a doctor should only look after the patient and nothing else, he should not concern him-self with moral issues such as, if life is sacred or not. This is merely scratching the whole
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Euthanasia (view all)
- The Legal Position On Euthanasia around the World.
- My hypothesis: Euthanasia should be legalized in the UK.I am...
- What are the main issues in the debate about euthanasia.
- Discuss the theological and philosophical views on euthanasi...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.