- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discuss: "Money is the root of all evil".
The first 200 words of this essay...
English Language AS level
Discuss: "Money is the root of all evil"
In this day and age, it is almost impossible to live without money. Money is the key to getting most of what we need and want. Evil is an impious act, which takes over individuals or societies and makes them do wrongdoings to each other. This brings us to our topic of discussion: "Money is the root of all evil". There are two different attitudes to this topic.
A group believes that money is not the root to all evil. In the world we currently live in, one needs money in order to survive and be happy. Money gives people possibilities and when available, it allows people to live luxurious lives. When accessible, some people use their excess money to aide others. For instance, Bill Gates, a famous wealthy businessman, donates 99% of his profits every year to charities. These charities then use the money to help the poor.
This group also believes that, other than money, there is other ancestry of evil. For instance, hate is one aspect. Hate is created out of jealousy between individuals or
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Charities, Poverty and Development (view all)
- Outline and assess the view that poverty is caused by econom...
- Poverty is a Controversial Issue.
- The term poverty is widely used to describe situations that ...
- The Relation Between Consumerism and Poverty
- Explain the terms 'Relative poverty', 'Absolute Poverty' and...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.