- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Discuss the arguments for and against the reintroduction of the death penalty for murder.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Discuss the arguments for and against the reintroduction of the death
penalty for murder.
The death penalty was abolished in the United Kingdom in 1965. (Blackwell 1968.)
The abolishment of the death penalty was not a simple case. Since 1957 the issue had
been before the House of Commons more than 19 times. However the death penalty is
still used today in many countries across the world. During the year 2000 at least 3,058
people were sentenced to death in 65 different countries. (www.amnesty.org 2001.) This
essay will discuss arguments for and against the reintroduction of the death penalty for
One of the most straight forward arguments for the reintroduction of the death penalty
for murder, is that once an offender has been executed they are obviously unable to kill
again. (Hudson 1996.)
A study by Bendall found that in the 17 years before the death penalty was abolished
eleven police officers were murdered. He then studied the 17 years after the death
penalty was abolished and found that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Capital Punishment (view all)
- Critically evaluate arguments for and against the death pena...
- Mary and Norma Bell.
- THE unsolved murder of Lesane Parish Crooks, more widely kno...
- Flatliners review.
- "Christians Would Never Agree With Capital Punishment.&...
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.