- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. Monotheism means the belief in one God.
2. The name of the cube shaped building in the centre of Mecca is the Kabaa.
3. Muhammad* (pbuh) received the first revelation in the mountains from the angel Gabriel.
4. The 2 main beliefs for the first pillar Shahadah is the Muslim declaration of faith, "The is no God but Allah, and Muhammad* (pbuh) is his ultimate messenger."
5. The Quran is the Muslim holy book. It is written in Arabic so it remains true and can't be changed in translation. Islam means the peace which comes from a willing obedience to God.
6. The 3 requirements of Salah are: 1) Wudhu, 2) Rakah, 3) Pray 5 times a day.
7. The importance for Muslims of Sawm (fasting) is that they are expected to fast between dawn and sunset. During this time food, drink and sexual relations are forbidden. Young children don't have to fast. The sick, elderly or pregnant can break their fast according to their individual circumstances. The fast commemorates when Muhammad* (pbuh) first heard the words of Allah and it reminds Muslims of those who are less fortunate than themselves.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Prejudice and Discrimination (view all)
- Explain Christian Teaching on the Value of Life. Wit...
- Taking any three psychological theories of prejudice: How ad...
- show racism the red card'
- Describe and evaluate two theories and two research studies ...
- Discrimination in Employment
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.