- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. Monotheism means the belief in one God.
2. The name of the cube shaped building in the centre of Mecca is the Kabaa.
3. Muhammad* (pbuh) received the first revelation in the mountains from the angel Gabriel.
4. The 2 main beliefs for the first pillar Shahadah is the Muslim declaration of faith, "The is no God but Allah, and Muhammad* (pbuh) is his ultimate messenger."
5. The Quran is the Muslim holy book. It is written in Arabic so it remains true and can't be changed in translation. Islam means the peace which comes from a willing obedience to God.
6. The 3 requirements of Salah are: 1) Wudhu, 2) Rakah, 3) Pray 5 times a day.
7. The importance for Muslims of Sawm (fasting) is that they are expected to fast between dawn and sunset. During this time food, drink and sexual relations are forbidden. Young children don't have to fast. The sick, elderly or pregnant can break their fast according to their individual circumstances. The fast commemorates when Muhammad* (pbuh) first heard the words of Allah and it reminds Muslims of those who are less fortunate than
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Prejudice and Discrimination (view all)
- Explain why the bible is important to Christians
- "Every-one is Equal and Must be Treated in Exactly the ...
- How Prejudice and Discrimination Affects Our Modern Day Soci...
- Describe Christian beliefs about the use of birth control (c...
- Is Christianity sexist?
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.