- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Divorce and Marriage Questions on Christianity
The first 200 words of this essay...
Carly Hodgkinson 10d
a) Describe and explain the Christian teaching about marriage (be sure to include Biblical evidence).
b) Choose two different Christian denominations and explain how they apply this teaching to the issue of divorce and remarriage today
c) "Divorce and remarriage can never be justified." Give reasons to agree and disagree with this statement, using evidence form the Christian teachings and practice. What is your opinion? Give reasons when you explain it.
a) Describe and explain the Christian teaching about marriage (24)
The Christian teachings with reference to marriage contrast only slightly between each denomination. The dictionary definition of marriage is: 'Condition of man and woman legally united for the purpose of living together.' In Christian marriage love is the most important issue and it is taught in the bible that divorce is not really an option.
The main teaching is that love is the most important factor in marriage. 'God is love and those who live in love live in union with God and God lives in union with them' (John 1 4-16.) This importance of love is shown in the wedding vows that all church weddings have. This part of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Family, Marriage and Divorce (view all)
- Divorce should never be allowed. Discuss.
- Marriages are an outdated institution.
- The Role of Women in the 1800's
- "Cohabitation is better than marriage." Do you agr...
- 'So Long a Letter' - Compare and contrast the lives of Ramat...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.