- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Domestic violence. The first vision that crosses most minds is the quick thrust of a husbands hand across the sacred face of his wife. All to well it is an everyday event happening in nearly one third of family's homes. And what are the most common responses to this heinous, cowardly act? It would be thought to be viewed as an act deserving the penalty of death. But rather the reasoning behind most are such expressions as, "she deserved it," or "she needs to be kept in line" (DVD, 1). Some experts say women are more likely to be killed by their male partners than by all other perpetrators combined (Awake, 5). This expose will scratch the surface as to what domestic violence is and why men do it, why women tend to stay in the abusive relationship, and the consequences of staying as well as ways to prevent it from going on or stopping it. The true textbook definition of domestic violence is stated as outrage belonging to the home. Anyway it's viewed, domestic violence is neither warranted nor wanted. Clearly stated in the bible in Ephesians 5:28, "Husbands ought to be loving their wives
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Morality of War (view all)
- John Foulcher
- Describe And Explain Christian Teachings About Human Rights
- Domestic violence.
- "King Billy" by Edwin Morgan is a poem about the l...
- Christian Views on Protest and Violence. Many people believe...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.