- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
"Euthanasia can be right in some circumstances".
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Euthanasia can be right in some circumstances"
By Andrew Scuoler
Many people believe euthanasia to be acceptable while others absolutely condemn it. There are moral implications and religious beliefs surrounding the issue that influence peoples' opinions. Is euthanasia a sign of the times, or is it just unethical? This essay will into account all points of view and will decide whether, in some circumstances, euthanasia is right.
People in favour of euthanasia argue that people have the right to decide whether they die or not. They believe that if they are allowed to smoke, drink excessive amounts of alcohol and do other harmful things they should be able to decide when to die if the suffering becomes unbearable. Many people would say that it is immoral to prolong a person's pain when there is no hope. Not carrying out euthanasia can be agonising for the patient and incredibly upsetting for friends and family to watch their loved one die a slow and painful death. In some cases relatives are so upset that they cannot visit the patient. Lots of people support euthanasia because they feel it saves a lot pain, grief and anguish.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Euthanasia (view all)
- To what Extent was Hitler’s Euthanasia policy a di...
- An Analysis of the Moral and Religious Issues Raised by Euth...
- What is meant by euthanasia?
- Euthanasia and types of euthanasia
- Whose Life is it Anyway? is about Ken Harrison's determinati...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.