- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain:A. How Human Greed and Selfishness is to blame for World Poverty.B. What can inspire some Christians to Care for the Needy.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Chris Doyle 10tx
R.S. Coursework Assignment 2001:
A. How Human Greed and Selfishness is to blame for World Poverty.
B. What can inspire some Christians to Care for the Needy.
Poverty can be defined as the state of a person who cannot satisfy his own basic needs. Firstly, the term can be applied only to people who lack the needs that are 'necessary for survival', and secondly, it can be applied to those who lack needs that 'reflect the standard of living among society in general'.
The first meaning of poverty would refer to people who are starving, the second to those who have basic necessities but lack the extra comforts and conveininces that those around them enjoy.
To the people who spend their whole lives in poverty, and have no way to tackle it, it is a way of life. They are used to the lack of clean water and high energy/protein food, malnutrition and thirst are just there, although this does not stop it from causing pain and death. Secondary schools, telephones, civil rights and political freedom are simply not present in Third World countries where
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Charities, Poverty and Development (view all)
- Explain the terms 'Relative poverty', 'Absolute Poverty' and...
- This essay outlines, contrasts and critically discusses two ...
- Absolute and Relative Poverty
- Poverty is a Controversial Issue.
- Religious Studies - Wealth and Poverty
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student