- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain how going on a pilgrimage can change people's lives. As many people go on pilgrimage there must be a reason and many pilgrims say
The first 200 words of this essay...
A02: Explain how going on a pilgrimage can change people's lives.
As many people go on pilgrimage there must be a reason and many pilgrims say it is a life changing experience. This could be because they are 'healed' or because they feel emotionally or mentally different. It isn't necessarily an actual change the person may just feel better in themselves. I talked to a 16 year old boy who went to Lourdes with a group of people called the "Red Shirts" who help people at Lourdes by preparing the mass, getting things ready and being nice and friendly. This student chose to go to Lourdes because he thought it would put him at peace with himself and to find things he liked. He found it changed him because he made better relationships with the people he already knew and built new bridges with people he didn't. He felt important because he was helping other people and putting other before himself.
Pilgrimage can change you both mentally and physically, there is physical healing and mental or emotional healing. The physical healing could vary from curing someone of cancer to fixing a broken bone. Some of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miracles (view all)
- i) What is meant by the term 'miracle'?
- The Parables - (The Sower, The Lamp stand, The Seed Growing ...
- Discuss the meaning of healing miracles with references to p...
- What problems are there in defining miracles? (7)
- Comparing 'The Man Who Could Work Miracles,' by H.G Wells an...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.