- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain how the followers of the religion which you are studying may be influenced by beliefs.
The first 200 words of this essay...
AO2: Explain how the followers of the religion which you are studying may be influenced by these beliefs
Most Christians will lead their lives obeying the rules of the Ten Commandments as best they can. The Ten Commandments appear in the Old Testament of the Christian Bible and also in the Jewish scriptures. Jewish people call them the 'Ten Sayings'. Most synagogues have these clearly written in Hebrew on a wall plaque. Usually just the first part of each saying is written, and often the first five and second five Sayings are shown in two lists. This reminds Jews that Moses received the Ten Sayings on two stone tablets, on Mount Sinai. The Ten Commandments are the fundamental laws of the Jews, which tell the Jewish people how they should live. Many countries base their laws on these rules too. The Ten Commandments are: 1) Worship no other God but me, 2) Do not make, or worship idols, 3) Do not misuse my name, 4) Keep the Sabbath day holy, 5) Respect your father and your mother, 6) Do not murder, 7) Do not commit adultery, 8) Do not steal, 9) Do not falsely accuse anyone, 10) Do
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Prejudice and Discrimination (view all)
- Taking any three psychological theories of prejudice: How ad...
- The short story "If I Quench Thee" by William E. C...
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- Reducing Prejudice !!
- Personal Reading Study - "Cry Freedom" by John Bri...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.