- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain Jesus' teaching about the kingdom of god as presented in the Gospel of Mark for his first disciples.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Christianity and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain Jesus' teaching about the kingdom of god as presented in the Gospel of Mark for his first disciples
Mark presents Jesus' teachings about the kingdom of god in his gospel through many aspects. Jesus taught in parables, which are short stories with a religious meaning. He used things they were familiar with such as seeds. Jesus also did many things out of the extraordinary such as performing miracles. He helped people no matter what faith they were showing that he respected others. He performed nature, healing and exorcism miracles. He was doing Gods work and introducing the kingdom of God on earth by helping others.
The Jews were expecting a warrior who would lead them to safety. They believed the messiah would fight their enemies, the Romans. They wanted the messiah to bring the kingdom of God on earth. The Jews thought it would bring them wealth, political power, domination and success. They expected it to be a place of paradise, a heaven on earth.
'The parable of the sower' is an allegory, which is a parable where everything in it represents something else. The parable starts when a farmer goes to sow
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Christmas (view all)
- My understanding of the meaning of 'Here' by R.S. Thomas.
- Explaining the nature of discipleship in Mark’s Gos...
- Symbolism of the Christmas Tree in Henrik Ibsen's "A Do...
- communication at cadburys
- A few days before Christmas, Oxford street is swarming with ...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.