- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain the part pilgrimage plays in the religious life of Christians.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain the part pilgrimage plays in the religious life of Christians. In your answer include reference to the places of pilgrimage you have mentioned in AO1.
Pilgrimage, although not as important as in some religions, plays a very important role in the life of a Christian. After going to a place of pilgrimage such as Lourdes or Lough Derg, a Christian may feel renewed strength in their faith and make lifestyle changes because of it. There are many practices that could provoke changes, and these go on in both Lourdes and Lough Derg.
Becoming more in touch with your relationship with God is a central aspect of pilgrimage. In the chaos of every day life, many people lose the sense of an intimate relationship with God and pilgrimage helps to restore this feeling. In Lough Derg, as was said in AO1, is centralized around walking in the footsteps of St. Patrick. This helps people have a link with God because a saint is said to be extremely holy and closer to God than those of us on Earth. However, at Lough Derg there may be some people who are not so dedicated to their faith will react negatively
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Christian sexual ethics- expected behaviour and reactions. ...
- Pope John XXIII
- Outline the key characteristics of the Design Argument.
- Honesty ia always the best policy? Discuss
- Explain why Christians might have different views about whet...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.