- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain the reasons why some religious people believe in life after death.
The first 200 words of this essay...
(a) Explain the reasons why some religious people believe in life after death.
There are a variety of reasons why religious people believe in life after death. For example, in the context of Hinduism, our life after death can explain the purpose of our current life. The law of karma teaches that our actions in our current life will affect the nature of our future lives. Good karma will allow us to break free of moksha- the cycle of birth, death and re-birth, and follow the Path of the Sun, where they will be re-united with God. Therefore, Hindus may believe in life after death because it will motivate them to perform good actions, as they know that they will be rewarded for it.
Similar to Hindus, Christians also believe in life after death because it gives a purpose to their current life- living a good life can aid them in being accepted into Heaven, and living a bad life will mean that their soul will be tortured in Hell. Their belief is confirmed through the fact that the Bible teaches that Jesus Christ was resurrected after his crucifixion, which means that it is possible to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Capital Punishment (view all)
- Crime and Punishment in the Elizabethan Age.
- Capital Punishment Amendment Act 1868
- Explain why the crucifixion and resurrection are so importan...
- Is it ever justifiable to execute a criminal?
- Should Capital Punishment be brought back?
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.