- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain what a study of St.Marks Gospel can tell Christians today about the nature of Discipleship.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain what a study of St.Marks Gospel can tell Christians today about the nature of Discipleship
Marks gospel, like the other gospels, is the telling of Jesus, his life and teachings. However, Mark is also trying to tell us something about being a disciple and almost giving us instructions on what it means to follow god and Jesus.
I believe that the main point Mark was trying to get across in his Gospel was that being a disciple is not about being special or privileged, but that it's about helping others and following God. The best example Mark gives of helping others in his Gospel was the act of Jesus giving his life (in the crucifixion - chapter 15), by which he sacrificed himself for the sins and lives of others.
The dictionary definition of 'disciple' is:
1. Someone who believes and helps to spread the doctrine of another
2. One who embraces and assists in spreading the teachings of another.
3. An active adherent, as of a movement or philosophy.
4. One of the original followers of Jesus.
5. A member of the Disciples of Christ.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Discipleship (view all)
- Discipleship And Mark's Gospel.
- What does Discipleship mean to Christians today?
- Discipleship - St. Mark's Gospel can tell us a lot about the...
- The Titles of Jesus
- Mark's Gospel and Discipleship
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student