- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Explaining what Christians believe about the death of Jesus
The first 200 words of this essay...
Explain what Christians believe about the death of Jesus
In the beginning the relationship between God and people was a love pact (covenant.) But, things went wrong when the people broke the covenant. The promise was broken by Adam eating the forbidden fruit that God had told him not to touch. To attempt to heal the relationship God sent prophets like Noah, Moses and Abraham to his people on earth.
Jesus was finally sent to save the people and heal this relationship.
Jesus' death was God's plan, to show us how much God loves us, to prove that God can suffer and that he is stronger than evil. Darkness can be turned into light. It was also to express the forgiveness that God has for the human race and he will sacrifice his Son to save us from sin.
The sacrifice of Jesus on the cross was the last offering of the 'Lamb Of God' who takes away the sin of the world. Jesus was the new animal sacrifice. Death did not just cover sin, it redeemed sin. Those who trust in the Lord as their Saviour are saved and brought out of sin.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Discipleship (view all)
- Images of Discipleship in Today's Society
- The word 'disciple' is used to describe the very first follo...
- What does Discipleship mean to Christians today?
- The Nature of Discipleship in Mark's Gospel - Part 1
- Judas fulfilled Jesuss prophecy on earth by betraying him, t...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.