- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
The story behind the movie Flatliners is very deep. On the surface Flatliners can be taken as a normal psychological-horror film. The mysteries of death compel the five medical students (Julia Roberts, Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, William Baldwin, and Oliver Platt) in Flatliners to experiment with their own mortality by putting each other in a suspended animation like state. Delving deeper into the film the viewer can see that the film also reflects issues of ethics, spirituality and on existential questions. The death experiences of the five main characters suggest to the viewer that there is a life after death.
The biggest and most obvious existential question asked in Faltliners is simply "Is there life after death." All of the characters that experienced the brain death all concluded that there was something beyond. Dave Labraccio the atheist of the group saw mountains, flashbacks of his former life and even a girl he picked on as a child. When Joe was brought back to life he told the group that he felt a good presence guiding him through his dream like state. The movie tries to suggest to the viewer that there is something beyond life. However
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Capital Punishment (view all)
- Critically evaluate arguments for and against the death pena...
- Capital Punishment is no longer practised in our society. E...
- Mary and Norma Bell.
- Crime and Punishment in the Elizabethan Age.
- The play 'Night Mother by Marsha Norman - Review.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.