- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Hindu marriage ceremony
The first 200 words of this essay...
1. HINDUISM - ARRANGED MARRIAGES, RAMA AND SITA, THE WEDDING
Many Hindus follow the traditional custom of arranged marriages. Parents believe that it is their Dharma to find a suitable marriage partner. They take into account:
In arranged marriages, the couple see each other for the first time.
In assisted marriages, the parents still help to choose a marriage partner, but the child is more involved. Also the child and the partner see and get to know each other before the wedding.
These marriages are good because the parents are likely to know their child well as well as the partner's family.
These marriages are bad because the child may want to marry someone else and may not like the family.
2. Rama and Sita
- Vishnu came to earth in the form of Rama
- Rama was sent to defeat the demons that were scaring and terrorising the people
- Son of King Dasharatha - second wife was given 3 wishes. They were used to ensure Bharatha became
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hinduism (view all)
- Hinduism is one of the few religions who believe in many god...
- Did Gandhi's influence help to achieve Indian Independence q...
- My Autobiography.
- Hinduism - Death and the afterlife AO1, AO2, AO3
- Ten Commandments
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.