- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Hinduism - Death and the afterlife AO1, AO2, AO3
The first 200 words of this essay...
In this piece of coursework I am going to describe the teachings and beliefs of Hinduism about death and what might happen afterwards.
Hindus believe that when you die, your soul lives on and you are reborn as something else. They believe that Atman (your soul) lives on forever even when you die, and is transferred to something else. This is backed up by a quote which can be found in the Bhagavad Gita.
"This soul residing in the bodies of all can never be slain; therefore it does not behove you to grieve for anybody"
Bhagavad Gita 2:30
The quote is referring to Atman saying that it can never be killed and won't go away. Hindus believe something called re-incarnation takes place. Re-incarnation is the rebirth of a soul into another body. For example when someone dies there soul would leave there body and enter someone else's.
"The death of him who is born is certain; and the rebirth of him who is dead is inevitable."
Bhagavad Gita 2:27
This quote is saying that the person will definitely die and will definitely be reborn; this proves what Hindus
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hinduism (view all)
- Ancient Greek Medical Association Guide to the Asklepion Te...
- Describe a Hindu marriage service.
- Mahatma Gandhi
- To what extent were the builders of the Erechtheion successf...
- Why Akbar was so successful
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.