- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
"God exists, God controls history, then it must be his will that Hitler committed six million Jews to slaughter" Richard Rubenstein is a theologian, his views are that God cannot exist because of the Holocaust. He believes that God cannot exist if so many people died and suffered.
"The very fact that the Holocaust happened, therefor, proves the non existence of God" Rubenstein believes that God, if he did exist would not put all these Jews to suffer and die, if therefor proves God doesn't exist. He believes that God cannot exist due to the very event of the holocaust.
"God is dead, human existence is meaningless" Rubinstein theory of the holocaust shows that God cannot exist. If God doesn't exist then what's the meaning of living? We are therefor on this earth for no meaning. Our life is meaningless, because there is no God.
Emil Frackenheim experienced life in a concentration camp, his views on the holocaust was that to say " no to Hitler is to say yes to god, to say no to God is to say yes to Hitler" Emil Frankenheuim believed believes that we cannot give up our faith
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Existence of God (view all)
- Identify two differences between idealism and representative...
- Explain Christian Beliefs about Justice, Forgiveness and Rec...
- Individual religious experience means individual religious f...
- Discuss the teleological argument for the existence of God. ...
- Explain why religious people may have problems with transpla...
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.