How would religious people explain why their belief in life after death is important?
Extracts from this document...
How would religious people explain why their belief in life after death is important? What happens when you die? You stop breathing. There are many different religions in the world and they all have different views about life after death, and its importance. Some religions are better known, so more people practice these religions or know something about them. Christians believe that God exists and that he made the world and all things in it; The birds; The trees; The animals; The people, even the day and night. They believe that they should treat others, as they would like to be treated themselves and that they should live a good life go to church and go to confession or ask God for forgiveness if they have sinned. ...read more.
6. "You shall not commit adultery." 7. "You shall not steal." 8. "You shall not give false evidence against your neighbour." 9. "You shall not set your heart on your neighbour's house." 10. "You shall not set your heart on your neighbour's wife, or servant, or ox, or donkey, or any of your neighbour's possessions." When it comes to life after death many Christians believe it, but in actual fact the bible states that you become part of this world and the breath of life God gave you goes back to God. At birth: "The Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." ...read more.
Jesus' resurrection is a promise to us all. If we accept him into our lives and join in the fellowship of all Christian believers, we will also at a future point enjoy resurrection into eternal life. The general Christian view is that this resurrection has yet to happen, but in the meantime the souls of believers will live with God in Heaven, awaiting the moment of resurrection." Jewish people also believe in Heaven and Hell. They believe that there is a Judgement day and that on this day God weighs up your good and bad points, if your good points are 'Heavier' then you will go to heaven and vice versa. ...read more.
This student written piece of work is one of many that can be found in our GCSE Prejudice and Discrimination section.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- 150,000+ documents available
- Just £6.99 a month
- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month