- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Is There A Decline In Religion...In Today's Society?
- Essay length: 4345 words
- Submitted: 15/03/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
There A Decline In
Page 3- Rationale
Page 4-7 Contexts
Page 8-10 Methodology
Page 11-13 Pilot Survey
Page 14-16 Questionnaires
Page 17-22 Evidence
Page 23-24 Evaluation/Conclusion
Page 25 Bibliography
The word 'secular' means 'non-religious' and the secularisation thesis is simply the suggestion that religion and religious beliefs are of declining importance both in society and for the individual. This subject has intrigued me because I am curious to find out:
* To what extent does it claim that if people do not attend church regularly, it indicates a reduction in religiosity
* Why these claims have been put forward by certain sociologists
* Why no one has found an answer to whether or not religion is in decline
* Why the evidence found by sociologists contradict each others findings
The relevant areas of secularisation can be examined in terms of three aspects:
* Religious thinking-the influence of religion on people's beliefs and values
* Religious practice-such as the levels of church membership and church attendance
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Religion in the Media (view all)
- Explain briefly Ninian Smart's seven dimensional model of re...
- Religion and media
- Television in the 1950's, 1960's and 1970's
- What problems do Sociologists face in trying to define and m...
- 'Television always presents religious people as out of touch...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.