- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Describe and explain Islamic ethical teachings in bioethics.
Bioethics is the ethical reasoning around issues of human biology. A Muslim would approach an ethical issue to seek ethical reasoning through the process of the Islamic ethical system. This is based upon Tawhid (the submission to the will of the transcendent; Allah. Humans were created with the ability to recognize goodness and reciprocity as the "best composition" willed by Allah. Humans are created with freedom and are naturally good, however 'nafs' like pride and greed interfere with the egotistical soul.
When describing and explaining the Islamic ethical teaching on a bioethical issue like abortion, euthanasia and organ transplantation the Muslim belief in Allah as one true God who created human beings to live freely but in accordance with his will is crucial. To understand Islamic ethical teachings one must also understand Islamic Jurisprudence. Muslims believe that a human needs external sources for ethical guidelines. When an issue is presented to a Muslim their first/greatest authority is the Qur'an - words of Allah. Then Shari'ah law, the law binding on Muslims is also drawn from the Qur'an. When the Qur'an is not explicit enough the next source a Muslim turns
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Miscellaneous (view all)
- Islam as a living religious tradition
- Essay on the mosque
- Explain how Muslim teachings affect Muslim attitudes to weal...
- Islamiyat Notes. Surah al Anaam (Ch. 6 : Vs. 101-103)These v...
- Explain how Muslim teachings affect the Muslim attitudes tow...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.