- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Israel and palestine is it justified?
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Middle East has over the years been one of the biggest fighting stages in the 21st Century world regarding Israel and Palestine. The conflict between these two countries started when Israel fought a war with neighbouring Arab states in 1967, and Israel occupied all those parts west of the State of Jordan west of the river Jordan to protect her borders (these areas are known as the West Bank and are the basis for the new state of Palestine). This contradicted the 1993-1995 Oslo peace agreement thus causing much attention from round the world. Israel was ordered to give up the occupied territories by the UN but has refused to do so until the Palestinians and the neighbouring Arab states recognize Israel's borders.
The dilemma therefore is that Israel is still occupying much of the West Bank (also where Jerusalem is situated, which an important holy city for both Jews and Muslims), and the Gaza strip whereas these territories actually form part of Palestine. Another reason that Israel is occupying these lands is that Israel wants to maintain security for its people, especially preventing Palestinian suicide bombers from exploding themselves in Israel killing innocent people. Overall, as one may
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Morality of War (view all)
- Domestic violence.
- Domestic violence is a complex issue, which affects the whol...
- What is 'intimate violence'? How do different theorists atte...
- How do different agencies respond to Domestic Violence?
- "King Billy" by Edwin Morgan is a poem about the l...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.