- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Its not muslim women that are exploited its western women
The first 200 words of this essay...
'Its not Muslim women who are exploited, its western women'
How do we define western women? Muslim women are women who choose to follow the Islamic religion and 'laws' as you may put it. Western women is a phrase which could refer to a vast range of things, Women from the western world i.e England and America or women who just live in the western world. I find the term quite difficult to pinpoint an exact meaning, because there are Muslims all over England and America. In this essay I have decided to refer to western women as non-Muslims in England and America for example. Muslims come in such a diverse range of shape, size, race and colour, so there is no one type exactly.
There are many differences between western women and Muslim women, for example, the way they dress, they way they lead their life, what they can and can not do, work, relationships, limits and freedom of choice. I think all of these show exploitation, oppression or liberation depending on the way you interpret it.
Muslim women have to stick to rules which tell them what certain types of clothes they can wear and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Prejudice and Discrimination (view all)
- Describe Christian Teachings On Prejudice and Discrimination
- Prejudice and Discrimination
- In "Bend it Like Beckham," Jesminder Bhamra (who g...
- Mort aux Chats by Peter Porter - critical review
- How might Hajj affect the life of a Muslim?
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.